Sunday, April 14, 2013

hUMAN GENOME

I recently read that the Supreme Court has a decision to make.  "Should you be able to patent the Human Genome?"

The answer is NO, NO, NO,NO!!!

On the other hand though you should be able to patent medicines that treat genetic problems just not the Genome itself. As a arm chair farmer I am No fan of Monsanto Seed company.  They sell genetically modified seed and if you keep your seeds to replant they send gangster like creeps after you.  Since you must always buy "New Seed's" from them and even when necessary the enzyme that unlocks the seeds dormant growth potential.

I don't like this at all.  Still the Human Genome and parts thereof need to remain public domain so that research can continue without paying someone else (Not You or I) exorbitant fees.

What I want to see is a more affordable way to restock our marine fisheries with cloned fish..

No comments:

Post a Comment