Saturday, October 6, 2012

Self Esteem, forming habits

As promised here is an entry on self esteem.  In all of my years of research and practical application the fastest way to develop a new habit or to feel better about yourself is... (drum roll please).

The affirmation or statement of your intention.

Let me help you get started, since I am an environmentalist, I have an intent of mine own here.

RECONNECT WITH NATURE:
I enjoy being outside and enjoying natural beauty. To this end  I affirm to throw all of my trash away in a trash can.  I encourage other people to do the same.  Even those nasty cigarette butts so popular with many people.  I enjoy being outside after a rain shower and I enjoy the scent of fresh cut grass.

A BETTER ME:
I love my planet and all nature has to offer.  I am now paying attention to the foods I eat and the words I say.  I do not use bad words anymore.  I am reading more to enrich my mind.  I enjoy exercise that strengthens my body and increases my endurance.  I am working everyday to be a better more empowerd and inspirational me.

These affirmations are guidelines.   Look at yourself, really look at yourself in the mirror but focus on geeting to know the person you see so much better.

Affirmations can be written down and read aloud to yourself.  This way they begin to work for you.
If you want more suggestions just say so.  This blog is set up to allow you to share your questions and comments.    
                                       Until next entry  "DR"  Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment